Royal Chocolate Cheesecake




I'm a fan of love. Not Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is just a commercial holiday that doesn't show the real meaning of love. They want you to go out, buy flowers, buy chocolate, buy jewelry etc (which isn't bad per say).
 To me Valentine's Day is everyday, everyone should feel loved all the time. What better way to say, "I love you, " than by baking them a easy, romantic dessert? Royal Chocolate Cheesecake! It's creamy and beautiful. It doesn't have to be for your girlfriend/ boyfriend, make it for your family to show a little appreciation! So get your sleeves rolled up and put on an apron because it's baking time!



Royal Chocolate Cheesecake

2 cups                  crushed Oreo® cookies
1/4 cup                melted butter
8 oz.                    cream cheese
1 cup                   sugar
2 tbsp                  a.p flour
1 tsp                    vanilla
8 oz.                    semi sweet chocolate
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9x13" baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Over a double boiler melt chocolate, pour into cream cheese mixture, mix thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time beating well and scraping down sides in between each one. Pour over the crust and even it out with a spatula. Bake for 45-50 minutes, the center should be sort of shiny and jiggle a bit. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into squares and serve. Store in fridge with plastic wrap. Enjoy!




When you take that first bite, you know you're in love. The smooth, creaminess of it all is breath taking. The accent flavour is the raspberries, a lighter, sweeter tone and brings out the colour in the dessert. It's very filling though, you'll need to make this for your entire family. They'll know they are getting the royal treatment with this cheesecake! Needless to say, Valentine's Day should be focused on love, and caring for one another. Don't make it a gimmick. Just go make your family some cheesecake, that's the real meaning of love. Cheesecake. Isn't it? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's cheesecake.

Elanne Boake

Comments

  1. THIS LOOKS AMAZING. I am glad you guys finished it because I was SO TEMPTED to eat it. Luckily I didn't. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very rich, probably a little too much for you to handle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So two days ago I made this cake with a friend. At first we were extremely dubious of your egg knowledge. "4 eggs? Isn't that too much?" we asked ourselves. When I realized you were 14 I threw a shit fit - I mean, what does a 14 year old know? This cake would be a disaster, we decided.

    But then we took it out of the oven. And, lo and behold, it was great, with all 4 eggs. You go, Shelan. I'll never doubt you and your pubescent baking skills ever again.

    you go girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will assure you that this is the best comment I have ever received on my blog! (funniest too)
      I will have you know my Mother buys a carton of (organic) eggs every two days. We love our eggs here!
      Shelan

      Delete
  4. For the crust, do you include the oreo filling? Or just the actual cookie itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, you can buy precrushed oreos in a box. Or you can buy chocolate wafers and crush those instead. It is preferable not to include the oreo filling, and it takes a lot of extra work to take apart every cookie. Have fun!

      Shelan

      Delete
  5. can I use any dry biscuits(that we usually eat with our coffee in the morning) as the base? and can I use dark fondent chocolate ? thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use most dry cookies, but more buttery ones like shortbread, you may not need as much melted butter.
      As for dark fondant chocolate, I would assume so? I have never seen it before, so as long as it comes in a bar and you can melt it I'm sure it will be fine.

      Delete
  6. another question....325 degrees farenheit I assume?? so that would be 160 degrees celcius then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes, 325 degrees Fahrenheit, which would be 160 degrees Celsius :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for your response! I made it yesterday, but it didnt come out as I hoped!! Im assuming its because I had the stove on 180 degrees for the first couple of minutes and I only used half the amount of chocolate :( Im going to try it out again.....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully it works the second time round, make sure to stick to the measurements :)

      Delete
  8. Salted or unsalted butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response, I used salted, but 'm sure unsalted would work just as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment